Monday 23 February 2015

Speak to dry bones

 'Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord...I will make breath enter you and you will come to life' Ezekiel 37:4

We can move. We can break away from what we are used to. We don't have to be defined by what has been spoken over us or by the season we have just come out of. We are part of the Kingdom of the Living God! But remembering and living this on a cold, dull, dreary Wednesday morning is a lot easier said than done. When our life is stuck and we can't see a way out of the mess we have got ourself in we struggle to see how God can have His hand in it.
     We are not made to be dead, we are made to live. Christ did not create is in our mother's womb for us to be complacent, for us to sit by and admit defeat. But for us to be alive, and through his breath and spirit in us we are truly breathing and alive! Just as God did in the beginning, when he breathed life into Adam, so He will do to us. Not only physically but also spiritually.
     In the above passage we have reached a point where Israel has been defeated, it is on its knees and is struggling with which way to go. As a nation it is hopeless and broken, it has fallen. The people of Israel were living life as if they were dead, they had lost their way and were struggling to move on. They were unable to see a way out of the mess they were in and with this they became a broken nation.
       I'm sure this sounds familiar, it does for me. There have been times in my life where I feel like I'm stuck in a really thick mud, no matter how much I try and move I get more and more stuck, sinking deeper and deeper. Sometimes it feels like it gets over my head, I feel lost. I can relate entirely to how Israel felt, the brokenness, the loss, the pain. 
     So with this vision that God gave to Ezekiel how can I fear? How am I able to struggle on when I know that Christ is with me, that Christ has given me life. The dry bones that I've been holding onto, the weight and baggage of the heartbreak that I've had to deal with are going to have a new lease of life. No longer are we to live in the brokenness of yesterday! With Christ we have been set free, the tears and shame of the past are no more.
      To move forward we must take action, we must move forward. We must be able to dream again and know what Christ wants and has planned for us, dreams are not made for graveyards. Allow God to change you, allow Him to breathe into you, to make those dry bones come to life. We are not to be stuck in death, but thrive in life. 
     Like God was able to restore Israel, He so can restore us, He is able to rejuvenate us, He is able to set us free from this darkness. The old season that you are in or have been in is gone. Christ will do a new thing in you. Let a new thing be done. We are made to be alive and He can restore us. Our bones are to come alive again, be alive in Him!

Let Him do a new thing in your life, allow Him to refresh and rejuvenate you. Christ will breathe fresh life into you again, He will supply you with what you've craved for, for what you've needed. We are part of the working body, we are meant for a purpose. A  new season is beginning and we are going to be fresh and strong with the new breath from God. SPEAK TO THE DRY BONES

No comments:

Post a Comment