Wednesday 11 June 2014

New blog!

I'm totally new to this blogging stuff - well not totally new, I've had a tumblr and I did have a blog at some point when I was a teenager...which didn't really go anywhere. But it's been on my heart a lot recently to begin a blog to maybe encourage others and also become close to God as I study His word and discover His plans for me.

I'm twenty years old and currently studying English at a University - I love writing. I have a real passion for it and I enjoy other people reading my stuff - especially when they like it! I've been a Christian for eight years now and I fall in love with God more and more everyday. It's such a cliché but I don't know where I'd be without him. That is one of the reasons my blog is called 'Ruins to Glory' I truly believe that God has pulled me out of the rubble of my previous life and brought me into a place of His glory and love. I'm not saying that I had some terrible life at the age of 12 - I was very fortunate to be brought up in a loving, Christian family who encouraged me and protected me in all they could, yet let me live life so I could experience things for myself. Through this I was able to gain a new understanding of the world. My parents forward thinking, liberal attitudes toward our upbringing meant that all of us 4 children were able to gain our own faith and also experience things that at the time we thought were great - but now realise that it's not the real deal!

I really hope my blogging will encourage, comfort, help and sometimes humour you! (I'm not 100% sure about the latter - I've recently discovered I'm not that funny).

Blessings.
May
x

No comments:

Post a Comment